Friday

Time for a Change

This is one thing that I love about blogging. Whenever the mood strikes you, you can just change your template to whatever you want, and, if you're not totally satisfied, just change it back. Well today has been one of those lazy days. Actually the whole week has been that way since the doc. ordered rest. My son has a friend over tonight, and they are enjoying passing the time away in front of the Xbox. Those things come in handy. Instant baby sitters for when you're not feeling well. However, that doesn't mean they are to be used for just plopping the kid down in front of it so the parent doesn't have to deal with him. I don't see how a parent can do that with their child. I like being around my son. We spend our weekends having movie marathons or sometimes we get out the board/card games and play. I couldn't imagine life without him. It's disheartening sometimes to check on the news and read about what a parent has done to his/her child by neglecting/abusing them. I honestly can't understand what would possess someone to do such a horrid thing to an innocent child. I hate to go back to work just for the fact that I will miss him terribly. I call him everyday on my breaks and it seems to help a little, but it's not enough. Secretly, I'll be glad when he's out of school for the summer. It's such a relief to see him waiting up for me when I come home from work. Most parents are irritated when the summer hits and school lets out. Not me! I can't wait.

No comments: