Monday

What Makes a Good Blog?

I surf the net regularly. It's my stress reliever from the day's aggravations. I like surfing blogs to see what other people write, where they blog, and what kind of template they have. Now if you read a previous post of mine, you know that I am constantly criticizing myself and comparing my stuff to that of others. I constantly put my work down and say that it's just not as good as that other person's I read. The same with my blog. Now due to a little incident I can't post photos(or at least not for awhile)in case of recognition. So my blog just consists of my writings and links to other things. When I compare myself to other's blogs, I am constantly critical of my writing, my layout, my theme(template), my contents, etc. See how life is for me. So the question is, "What does make a good blog?". Is it political views? If so, I don't really have any. Is it daily living? If so, I considered my daily life blah, boring, and blassee'(sp?). Is it photography? If so, I don't consider myself a good photographer even though many people have given me compliments on my photos. Is it writing? If so, I do love to write, but yet again, I am constantly critical and comparing myself to others. I used to write all the time, but since my mental obstacles, my brain seems like it has just left the building. This is why I have decided to jump start my brain and get it back to working again. All my poetry that I have posted here is old stuff that I have written, but I am hoping that maybe it will give my brain a jolt to see/read it again. So is there really a code or guideline that you have to follow to make a good blog? I don't really know. I just know that I'm doing this for me. Does anyone else have an answer or idea?

No comments: