Saturday

For the Love of Books

Of all the many things that I am passionate about, books are at the top of that list. I have been heard to say many times, "give me a bed, a refrigerator and leave me in Books-A-Million, and I will be in Heaven." I don't believe that I could ever have too many books. The shelves on my bookcases are overflowing with them and it is nearly impossible for me to leave Wal-Mart without having some form of print in purchases be it a computer, artist, gaming magazine or a CSI, Star Wars novel, or self help book. Just what subjects do my collections contain? Star Wars (too many titles to mention, pick one and I probably have it), the Little House series, the Caroline years, the Rose years, Resident Evil series, ghost stories, Harry Potter series, books on poetry, photography, web designing, writing, multimedia, computers, and many, many more. Have I actually read all of them? Uh, no, but it's safe to say that I should be fully entertained when those retirement years start appearing on the horizon. To say that I have an addiction to books, is quite an understatement, but it's a love for the written word that keeps me hooked.

This entry was written for the Blogging Chicks Carnival theme: Favorite Things. How about leaving a note and telling me what your favorite thing is?

Later

Powered by Zoundry

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to read. I had to quit buying books due to the damage I was doing to my budget. I now go to the library and am working my way through the stacks.

Here from BCs and I really like your blog, especially the font.

Anonymous said...

A good friend of ours just moved to another state today. *sniff* She had only a few pieces of furniture but 35 BOXES of BOOKS. Sounds like you're a kindred spirit.

Anonymous said...

Here from BC...

I also did my post on Books. I love to read. And like Julie's friend i think i had more boxes of books than anything else. I have read all of my "fun books"...the ones for pleasure reading. But i also have a lot of books from College. (i think having them on the shelf makes me seem smart or something) and all i have read of those is what was required of me. ;)

Elizabeth said...

Thank you, Kristie, Julie, and CC for taking the time to stop by. I adore books, and I have my mother to thank for that. She never pushed my sister and I to read, but did encourage us to broaden our minds and explore our imaginations. It also helped that my sis and I were constantly in front of the tv watching Sesame Street when we were little. I didn't learn to read until the 1st grade and my sister was reading the newspaper to my mom when she was 5 years old.

Welcome to my Home
This Is Me...like it or not.

Anonymous said...

books are a soft spot for me, too. sometimes I try to just go to the library, but it's just not the same, is it?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your favorite post.
I enjoy reading, too. My hubby says that he can call my name five or six times and I still am so deep into a book that I'm clueless.
I've told him to say "chocolate" and that might get my attention.

Anonymous said...

I have tried to scale back on the buying, too. I buy some, but I browse a lot, and also use the library, and that works pretty well, too.

Anonymous said...

I think if you enjoy writing, you gotta enjoy reading, too (agree?). Based on this "Favorites" carnival, seems like a lot of chicks would agree :). Yeah, I'm a bit of a collector, too, my "to read" stack is higher than the completed one. My New Year's resolution was to read everything I had before buying anything new...I think I made it til February :/

Robin said...

Have you done the book meme yet? Do ya wanna? I thought I'd check with some of the Blogging Chicks who listed "reading" during the Favorite Things Carnival :)