Wednesday

Yesterday was the day...

of the dreaded bankruptcy hearing. Although in actuality it really wasn't that bad, except for the fact that for the next five years my paycheck will be seriously whacked. Only myself to blame there.

Wyrm and I rose to the sound of the alarm going off at 7:00 AM. Er, scratch that. We really rose at about 7:20 AM after me hitting the snooze button twice. We left the house at 8:00 AM to a wonderful surprise of our gray skies spitting snow flurries. On our trek I was bombarded with questions concerning what would be taking place once we get there, exactly how do we get there, who do we see, where exactly do we go? Huh? How was I supposed to know? Because this was my hearing was the response. Back and forth we went until I explained to him that all I knew was what was on the papers provided to me by my lawyer's office and that wasn't much. We arrived and what seemed like just a few minutes it was already over. Good.

We then left the federal building and headed our way to the mall. Sometime earlier Wyrm had reserved a copy of World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade expansion pack collectors edition and as luck would have it yesterday was its release. The reservation was made before all of this bankruptcy was taking place so I was wondering how to pay for this without having to just forget it. Luckily after some scrounging, I managed to find some Gamestop gift cards that I had put away and forgotten about. We left that store with his game, strategy guide for his game, and Pirates of the Caribbean: The Legend of Jack Sparrow for CR without paying any money. Oops minus the $10 down. That was it. The cards completely covered everything. I was happy.

When we got home it was naptime for me. I only meant to sleep for just a couple of hours and be awake when CR came home from school, but that bed felt so good and warm after being out in the chill I ended up sleeping till around 5:00 PM. I then spent the rest of my time with him.

Yes, I am still being lax on posting. Here lately I just haven't been in a writing mood of sorts or even in a mood to sit at the computer like I normally do. All of my extra time is either coming home from work and going straight to bed or spending time with CR till late at night. I don't want to just call him a "mama's boy", but it feels good to know that he actually enjoys my company. It seems like most teens nowadays are desperate to be somewhere where their parents aren't. He's such a good kid. I'm so proud.

Later

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your posts, but totally understand you wanting to spend your free time with your son...especially when he's a teenager. Honestly, I've enjoyed my kids the most as teens -- they're funny and full of interesting things to share.

I'm glad the hearing was relatively painless but for the paycheck reduction...at least you're on the road to recovery.