Monday

Book Meme

I borrowed this sometime ago from Caffeinated Librarian and it's been sitting in my saved file so here ya go finally. I guess better late than never.

  1. Science Fiction, Fantasy or Horror? I guess from all of the Star Wars novels that I have you could say that I prefer Science Fiction.
  2. Hardback or Trade Paperback or Mass Market Paperback? I don't have a certain preference. I have an abundance of paperback along with some hardcover and a few trade.
  3. Amazon or Brick and Mortar? I love Amazon. It's one of my favorite online shopping places.
  4. Barnes & Noble or Borders? Actually I have to say Books-A-Million.
  5. Hitchhiker or Discworld? Neither
  6. Bookmark or Dogear? I would never dogear my books. I'm very fickle with them. I have to use a bookmark and insist on anyone who borrows my books to use a bookmark.
  7. Magazine: Asimov’s Science Fiction or Fantasy & Science Fiction? I would have to say fantasy and science fiction since I've never heard of the previous.
  8. Alphabetize by author, Alphabetize by title, or random? Actually my Star Wars novels used to organized chronologically according to the Star Wars timeline and the other are organized according to series and such. That was preZoloft. Now that are in disarray on the bookshelf.
  9. Keep, Throw Away or Sell? Never ever throw away a book. I usually keep all of mine. I can't seem to part with any of them.
  10. Keep dust-jacket or toss it? I have to keep the dust jacket.
  11. Read with dust-jacket or remove it? I usually read with the dust jacket on. It irritates me when my hubby removes the dust jacket and leaves it lying around.
  12. Short story or novel? Novel
  13. Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket? Harry Potter. I have all in the series and am eagerly awaiting for the final book to be released in July. I have never read any of the Lemony Snicket. It's something that I may look into since we have the movie and I enjoyed it.
  14. Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks? I have to stop at chapter breaks. It's a quirky thing with me.
  15. "It was a dark and stormy night" or "Once upon a time?" Once upon a time. I love fairy tales.
  16. Buy or Borrow? Buy
  17. Buying choice: Book Reviews, Recommendation or Browse? I usually just browse.
  18. Lewis or Tolkien? I loved the movies of both books. We have Tolkien.
  19. Collection (short stories by the same author) or Anthology (short stories by different authors)? I have a few of both.
  20. Tidy ending or Cliffhanger? I have to have the tidy ending. Cliffhangers get on my nerves.
  21. Morning reading, Afternoon reading or Nighttime reading? With the way my shift is it is mostly nighttime reading.
  22. Standalone or Series? I actually like both
  23. New or used? I guess you could say this is the OCD in me, but I have to have new. There's nothing like the smell and feel of a new book and to flip through the pages the first time.
  24. Favorite book of which nobody else has heard? That's a hard one. I guess you could pick one of my Star Wars novels.
  25. Top 5 favorite genre books of all time? Not sure what this means exactly, but favorite genres are science fiction, self help and self teaching
  26. Currently Reading? Not currently reading anything at the moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not reading anything at the momen? Give this a whirl - Hotel Veronica by David Stone - and make an aspiring new London novelist happy!http://www.lulu.com/content/439199

You can also get it on Amazon!

David