Monday

Okay. Let Me...

Elizabeth's Photos @ Flickrintroduce myself here. Of course my name is Elizabeth and I live in a small town in Kentucky. I have one son from a previous marriage who is a Senior this year and will be graduating in 2009, and I have my husband who I have been married to for ten years.

To give you an idea of what type of person I am, I have been diagnosed with social anxiety disorder, OCD, and avoidant personality disorder. I've also been told that I have a problem with environmental depression (only at work). Feel free to look all that up to find out what they all mean cause right now I don't feel like going into it all again. Maybe later.

I am a photo nut. I was bitten by the shutterbug right after my son was born, and I've been snapping away ever since. I started out with a regular point and shoot film camera and then my hubby upgraded me to a Canon Rebel G. After experiencing an SLR first hand, I fell in love with them, and it wasn't long until I upgraded myself to the digital age and bought a Canon Digital Rebel. I love to snap anyone and anything. I'm notorious for catching backsides. It's not that I do it on purpose or anything. It's just where someone happens to bend at the time I shoot or someone walks in front of them at the time I'm snapping. There's been many laughs over the years of my butt portraits. :)

I love to read. I have books, upon books, upon books. My shelves are overflowing with them. I range anywhere from self teaching books, Star Wars novels, photography, books based on video games, internet, web designing, and so on and so on. Most people collect knicknacks and whatnots. Me? I collect books. Don't know what it is, but there's just something about picking up a brand new book, be it hardcover or paperback, and rifling through the new pages. And I love that newness smell. Set me up in the middle of Books-A-Million with a futon and a compact refrigerator full of chocolate milk and I will believe that I have been sent to heaven.

Writing has been a childhood passion of mine. I've been writing stuff since before I knew how to spell. My first poem I wrote when I was about 6 years was a gift to my mother and she still has it to this day in a frame. My creative juices left me years ago when I went to work or should I say dove into the black abyss. That's what my place of employment means to me. I'm trying now to get back into my creative frame of mind and get back into my hobbies that I so love dearly. For too long I have let that place have control over me and have let things go. Hence the reason I'm going to try blogging again. I've blogged at Windows Live Spaces and Blogger before. That's when I got blogging/writer's burnout and quit. I'm going to try picking it back up again. I am truly happy when I have a pen in my hand creating or my camera around my neck snapping away. So I've decided to share my passions once again as you can see. I will be adding a photo to my entries, and my entries will consist of anything that I want to write at that time. Be it an actual journal entry, poem, or short story. Enjoy.

Elizabeth

No comments: