Monday

How Red the Rose

How red the rose you gave me on the first night we met. You had it all planned. You had it all set. You swept me off my feet that night. You brought joy to my life. I knew from that very moment that I would someday be your wife. How red the rose you gave me on our perfect wedding day. I knew I made the right choice with you. I didn’t want it any other way. We built a loving family with a girl and a boy. My heart was content. I was filled with everlasting joy. How red the rose you gave me on every special occasion. You turned every day into a wonderful celebration. We watched our children grow into loving people like you and me. We watched them become the best they possibly could be. How red the rose you gave me right before you walked out the door. How was I to know that you wouldn’t be coming home anymore? The bullet you took through your heart did more than take your life. It killed the soul of your ever-loving wife. How red the rose I gave you and placed upon your grave. I knew that I had to go on. I knew I had to be brave. I’m still missing you today. My love for you still grows. I’ll always remember, my darling, how red the rose. This and all other works contained in this site are copyrighted©. No reproduction in any manner is permitted.

No comments: