Sunday

Those Special Treats You Got When You Were a Kid

It's funny how there's always something special that you can remember when you were a kid that someone made for you. My mom is 68. She was born in 1937 to a sawmill worker and a housewife. She would tell me stories of her growing up and helping her Mom(Grandma)raise her brother and sisters. She would have to stand on a box to be able to reach the stove in order to cook breakfast while Grandma was out in the field working. She was only about 5 years old. One of her favorite things she loved when she was little and still loves to this day is a treat that her Grandma(I think she called her Mub)would make for her after school. This was a snack of graham cracker, peanut butter, and banana. Her Grandma would put it together as a sandwich. For years of me growing up, I have always seen Mom with a peanut butter, graham cracker, and banana sandwich. She fixed one the other night and walked by my son. He asked her what she was eating and after she described it to him, he decided that he would be brave and try a taste. He loves it. I know I don't get many replies to my postings, but it would be interesting to hear what special treats you got as a kid growing up. Later

No comments: