Friday

Peppermint Bark

After indulging myself every year at Christmas time with the peppermint bark at Wal-Mart, I decided that it was time to find a recipe for this candy so that I can make it any time I want until I make myself sick of it. I've yet to get my butt in the kitchen and try this so if ya do leave a note and let me know how it is. Crushed candy canes, to yield 1 cup 2 pounds white chocolate Peppermint flavorings, optional Place candy canes in a plastic bag and hammer into 1/4-inch chunks or smaller. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Combine candy cane chunks with chocolate (add peppermint flavoring at this point if desired.) Pour mixture onto a cookie sheet layered with parchment or waxed paper and place in the refrigerator for 45 minutes or until firm. Remove from cookie sheet and break into pieces (like peanut brittle.)

No comments: