Saturday

60th Anniversary

60 years of marriage, Many promises well kept, Joyous wonders and painful heartaches You both vowed to accept Four lives you both have created, And they’ve continued the family legacy- Ten precious treasures, yours to keep, One of them being me. I am forever grateful for your inspiration. A love like yours so divine and true. Your love for each other protected be God No human or circumstance could ever undo. You both have survived your share of woes, And you’ve shouldered the pains of us all. You’ve been the hands to embrace our tears When we’ve each taken our own falls. For this you both deserve riches. Some token of the highest regard More than a simple hand-picked gift And much more than a fancy card. So please accept my humble gift, These heartfelt words of expression, Since I know not really what to give To such wonderful Grandparents on this joyous occasion. This and all other works contained in this site are copyrighted©. No reproduction in any manner is permitted. I wrote this poem for my friend, T, to give to her grandparents as a gift.

No comments: