Sunday

A Beautiful Day

As I sit here at my computer table typing away, I occasionally look out my front door to the outside world. The sun has finally decided to peep out of the clouds this late afternoon. It still has a drab dreary look that to some people is unappealing, but to me it is a beautiful day. It’s as if the world has taken a moment to relax from its summer work. This is nature at its best. Yesterday was very relaxing and enjoyable. Took, CR, and I headed out for a night out. Our plans were changed at the last moment from going to the movies to shopping for groceries and eating, and boy, did we eat. We all made pigs of ourselves. I stuck with my usual of a burrito dinner while CR decided to opt for the babyback ribs and chicken (which he thoroughly enjoyed) and Took indulged in a sampler of Tex-Mex delights. To say we were stuffed is an understatement. We then slowly rolled out of the restaurant and headed for our favorite shopping place, Wal-Mart to partake in the mundane task of getting the groceries. Took, who has now finally made the decision to get a divorce, found bargains in the clearance aisle and purchased a DVD player for when she is able to have a place of her own. She was very happy with her find. I on the other hand purchased a blender in order to make smoothies for the summer. I had the pleasure of “breaking it in” once we got home and made milkshakes for CR and me. Later that night after Mom and Took retired for the night, CR and I took another of our purchases into my bedroom and popped it into the DVD player. Firewall was an entertaining movie in both our opinions. As of now I must close to eat spaghetti before I have to get ready for Wyrm and I to go to church. Later

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I finally made it over here!! Sorry it took me sooo long! I have also linked you!!!

XXOO,
JTL

Elizabeth said...

No problem. Sometime it takes me awhile to get going on things. Thanks for linking to me.