Monday

Coming down with a cold.

I have really been lagging on posting haven't I. It's just that here lately it seems there isn't anything of significance to write about. Plus, I have developed a cold over the weekend. My guess is that I got it Saturday while out shopping with Took. We got soaked heading into Wal-Mart and then got chilled while shopping. I started that little twinge feeling by the end of the night, and I figured by morning I would have a stuffy nose. Sure enough. For some reason I have been drawn to wanting to try painting again. I took art in high school and tried using oils, acrylics, and watercolors, but I didn't think that I was any good so I dropped it. After many years of soul searching for myself I have learned that some things you just have to do for yourself regardless if others may like it or not and to not worry over everyone's opinions. I need to paint for me and not compare myself to other talented artists. I also loved pottery while I was taking art in school. My mom has kept many of the pieces that I made for her. That was a joy to put my fingers into clay and mold it into something. My mom and Took are looking into some art projects themselves and are already delving themselves into jewelry making. You could say the we have a family line of crafters with Grandma and mom crocheting and quilting, and mom making crafts. Took inherited the sewing capabilities while I just inherited a love for art. CR is now taking art in school and is liking it very much. As much as I would love to sit here and write away the time, I just can't think of anything else that I could conjure up for you to read. My brain is foggy with this cold and there hasn't been anything really going on besides a rainy weekend. Hope that your weekend was enjoyable. Later

No comments: