Sunday

An Emotional Weekend

Well, what do I say, and how do I say it? This emotional weekend began early Thursday morning with a phone call from Wyrm’s grandmother. His uncle who had been in the hospital for the past couple of months passed away in the early morning hours. He had developed a problem with his lungs and eventually was put on a ventilator. It seemed that the last week, his family believed that he would soon be coming home. He had made amazing improvement and was laughing and talking and then it happened. For some reason, he started to go down and he was gone. The reason for my hiatus this weekend was because of the visitation and funeral with the family. It was heart wrenching to see Wyrm’s grandfather break down. I don’t know about you, but as a child growing up I saw my grandparents as the rock of the family. It is heartbreaking to see them break at moments like this. Love was ever flowing along with tears, but they pulled through. I managed to hold up and be strong for Wyrm until we went to his grandparents afterwards. Those moods hit all of a sudden, and the only way I felt that I could manage through it was to just go out on the front porch with the cool breeze to blow on my face. Wyrm just simply cannot/won’t accept this and was constantly telling me to come inside. Not even chocolate cake could get through the emotions I was having at the moment. He finally let up, and I finally managed to get settled down enough to make it through until he was ready to come home. We are both emotionally exhausted and decided to not go to church tonight. We both just needed to come home and relax. His family will have a hard way to go for awhile, but they are a strong family and will make it through. Later

No comments: