Sunday

The Blogme Interview Party!

BlogMe

It doesn't officially kick off till Monday, but I'm getting the ball rolling right here on my space/blog. Here's how I will be doing it: More than likely I won't be tagged myself, so I will be answering the questions and posting it here and on Blogher. After that I will be tagging everyone who is on my del.icio.us listing, my neighbors list, and my guests of the week. I would then like for those people to post their answers on their blogs and then comment here and let me know you have them up. I will then be adding your answers along with mine in this entry and creating a huge (hopefully) getting to know bloggers circle that I will be adding to my "come right on in and..." module titled, " introduce yourself for the Blogme Party!". I will be answering some of the initial questions and asking my own. Feel free to add any questions you would like answered and afterwards I invite you to browse around Blogher and hopefully signup and list your blog:

The Blogme Party Interview:

1. When did you start blogging and why? Or Talk about your blog. What can I learn about you in under 5 minutes? Let's see. I've really been blogging off and on since about 2004. I've used MSN Spaces once before and deleted it, blogger once before and deleted it, Yahoo 360 once before and deleted it, MSN Space again, blogger yet again, and also have dabbled in Wordpress, Squarespace, and have a profile up at MySpace and Yahoo 360 again. As to why? I just love to write. If no one actually reads me, it's okay, but for my sanity's sake, I have to post entries like I'm actually "talking" to someone. My blog I consider my "home" away from the hustle and bustle of the world outside. 2. How do you use blogging to build friendships? Never actually thought about this one. I do however feel that my everyday mundane life is way to boring to talk about so I love to find other bloggers, do a "writeup" about them and their blog, and host them as my guest blogger. 3. Who do you read every day, rain or shine? I don't really read everyday, but I do have favorite books that I love to read. Mostly Star Wars novels, the Harry Potter series, and the Little House series. I love reading Laura Ingalls Wilder's books over and over. She just has a beautiful and simple way of telling her story. I also love reading books based on movies and video games. 4. Why did you choose to share that piece of yourself in a photograph? Sorry didn't take a photograph. So can't answer this one. 5. How would you describe your writing style? My writing style is very basic and simple or at least I try for it to be. 6. If you could spend time with one person (other than your spouse, because really, let's not rack up the suck up points here) I'm going to take this to mean a person other than those I already know. It would be (thinking here????) hmm...don't rightly know. Will have to answer this later after thinking about it some more. 7. What don't you write about? Anything considered a no-no in your book? Hmm...I have learned that I have to be very careful on what I write about how I feel on somethings that have to do with my hubby, his side of the family and things like that. I feel like I have to write everything in my life as "hunky dory" and in actuality it's really not. Nothing is really wrong, I just know that marriage is not a fair tale and there are bad times along with the good. I feel sometimes that I'm not allowed to post or talk about the bad times. Although good could come out of it. 8. How do you feel about meeting bloggers in real life? Are you nervous? Will you have great expectations? What do you home to take away from the BlogHer experience? Since I won't be attending Blogher, I will write this as if I were going and what I would like to gain from the experience. I of course would be nervous. So nervous in fact that it would be very tempting to just "tuck tail" and run. I most certainly would be interested in all the "doings". And what I would love to take home would be the accomplishment of tackling some "life smothering fears" that I have like meeting new people, being in crowds, having to get on a plane, etc. 9. So soon we're going to meet each other at BlogHer. Important question. How do you party? In all actuality, I don't. 10. What is your favorite thing that you wrote? What got a strong reaction from readers? Links please? My favorite things I wrote are my poems and Writing...my love lost? . Entries that got a strong reaction are ...let me introduce myself and A Revelation 11. Have you written anything controversial? Is blogging controversial? I think that I may have, it started with this entry , and then led into some comments and an entry on someone else's blog, which in turn led to this entry . If you read those entries, then you must also read this entry to get a better understanding of how I see the world. Don't get me wrong, I love my hubby dearly. This is just what I meant by question #7. Everything is fine now between all parties. 12. Are you and your blogging persona the same person? I would have to say yes. 13. Have you ever anonymously posted on a site to flame them? No, don't care for flaming 14. If you had a super power, what would it be? Never thought about this.

15. Where do you live? (city or state or just general region) Kentucky

16 If you could travel extensively, where would you like to go? All over the US and tour Europe, China, and Japan.

17.If you are comfortable saying, what do you do for a living? sorry those slave drivers would fire me if they knew my true feelings about them and my place of employment (or maybe it would be a good thing if I did say? hmmm...)

18. What would be a dream job for you? Web designing, becoming a published author

Powered by Zoundry


Update!

The Blogme online mixer was a huge success! Out of all the people that I tagged on my del.icio.us listing 3 people responded with their own interviews of themselves:

LotionBarBunny

Kathy(although she just posted the questions, she did say that she would be answering in the next few days)

Dr. Cara

Now go and meet:

Fizzle, MeL, Amber, Denise, Amanda, Mocha, Debra, Susanne, BarnyardMama, Belinda, Lisa, Karl, Sassymonkey,Shash, Dana, Karen, Mary, Cathy, Kathy, Erin, Caffeinated Librarian, Chadie, Ellen, Drums~n~Whistles

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!! Thanks for the link! Your interview is great! I'm having SOOOOO much fun with this!

Anonymous said...

Great job, Liz!