Saturday

Long Hours

I am utterly exhausted today. That dismal part of my life called my place of employment, decided that since we weren't going to work Saturday we would instead work way up into the morning. I clocked out at 2:20 am. My normal clock-out time is around 11:35 pm. Wyrm clocked out around 5:00 am. His normal clock-out time is 11:40 pm. It is on these rare occasions that I get to see the sunrise and see the world at daybreak, but by being angry at my employers, it is so hard to just enjoy the beauty of it. Wyrm was agreeable to stopping at Denny's on the way home for something to eat. He divulged himself into a philly steak sandwich while I had eggs, sausage, hash browns, and pancakes. It was good.

I had originally intended to celebrate my birthday today by going to the movies and dining out, but with those long hours on that concrete floor, my foot (I have problems with tendonitis and plantar fasciitis) is almost unbearable to walk on. More than likely I will spend today relaxing, popping Tylenols, and using extensive amounts of pain relief cream to try to get my foot eased enough to be able to go out later on tonight or possibly tomorrow.

I'm experimenting with the possibility of freelance work. I have recently applied for a few writing jobs in the hopes of hearing from maybe one of them for some work. I so need a change. Do you ever feel that you are supposed to be doing more than the job that you're doing now, but you just don't know what it is? I'm feeling that way right now. I know that there is more to my life than this dead end job that I'm at. I just haven't discovered what it is exactly that I'm supposed to be doing. I guess you could say that I've been doing some soul searching for awhile now.

Well, I guess that's it for now until I can get to the theaters and let y'all know how my birthday outings go.

Later

Powered by Zoundry

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your new design! Very pretty!

XXOO,
JTL

Elizabeth said...

thank you, I have others that I need to work on and add my links.