Thursday

The Promise

I know I’ve made some mistakes

And I haven’t been the perfect person too

But listen closely little one

As I make this promise to you

You’re young in age and at heart

To know that something just isn’t right

But that’s what I am here for

And I’ll change it with all my might

I’ll do all that I possibly can

And I won’t give up till I find

Just that certain perfect one

Who is gentle and so kind

I won’t settle for second best

I made that mistake once before

You’re too special little one

And you deserve something much more

So this promise I will keep to you

My darling little son

I will search through all time and in the end

You’ll have the perfect daddy when I’m done

This and all other works contained in this site are copyrighted©. No reproduction in any manner is permitted.

2 comments:

BlondeBrony said...

WOW!

Very touching a loving poem.

Your son is very lucky to be so loved.

Elizabeth said...

Thank you.