Monday

How I Made My Banner (For My Windows Live Space)

Not much really went on today, so instead of my daily jots, I will write about how I made my banner for my Windows Live Space. Cee posed the question to me in a comment so I thought I would oblige by giving her an answer here. Please keep in mind that I am terrible with instructions so I'm basically just going to go through what I do to make one.

First, head over to Altered Spaces on instructions on how to set up your banner with the html sandbox. He gives the dimensions that you need and where to place the box in order to get the banner to load properly.

I use Adobe Photoshop Elements 3 to play. I start out with a blank document and then play with the paint bucket tool and brushes with the colors that coincide or blend in with the theme that I am currently using. This month I used a pink theme so I used colors that I thought would look good. Basically just experiment with brush strokes, filters, colors, and such until you get what appeals to you. Next month's theme will be an autumn one so I have already made a banner with those colors.

Next after creating my banner I save it to my computer. I make sure that I save it as a jpeg file in order to upload it to the internet. Upload your banner to whatever you use for storing files on the internet (ex. http://www.imageshack.us/). I have my photos stored at Flickr so I upload my banners there. Once you have your image uploaded you can then insert the url to the image in the html sandbox along with the necessary code. Head on over to Altered Spaces for the rest of the instructions on the code and sandbox placement.

Hope this helps and gives you ideas.

Later

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

Hah! I like your setup here too!!!!