Sunday

Storms-A-Ragin'

First, I'd like to apologize again, for not posting regularly. I'm coming home from work too tired to really think, and there's not really anything particularly important to blog about. Basically this week I've been coming home, checking email, and randomly reading blogs on my regular reading list. After that, I hit the bed, read CSI Snake Eyes and then sleep.

Wyrm and I were supposed to go into work yesterday, but at the last minute changed our minds. The previous night was one of those nights where if anything could go wrong, well, it did. Storms ravaged our area. At one point in the night we were advised to go to our storm "safe" areas and wait until the "all clear" to go back to the floor. That began the rest of the night of mechanical failure which caused a major backup of our production. We are way behind now. I was afraid with going in and what had happened we would be required to work until way up in the morning (a strong "guesstimate" would be 3:00-4:00 AM), and I just simply could not fathom the idea of standing that long on my problem foot. I really need to find another job. Not just for my sanity's sake, but also for my body's sake. Which is why I have been doing some research on area colleges and other things. I do believe that it is set in my heart to try to go back to school and earn a degree. Something I should have done when I was younger.

Severe storms wreaked havoc on our area yesterday and Friday. They were bad enough to spawn tornados in some counties and counted for 7 deaths here in Kentucky and 1 in Arkansas. Flash flooding is also happening. Luckily the front has gone through and all is still now with no more chance of rain till Thursday. The chill will return in the night as was previously in the week before the storms. Makes for good snuggling weather. I love to bundle up under covers to snooze.

I haven't done it yet, but I do plan to write an entry on my mom, the craft nut. I piqued other's interest when I mentioned this before. I have to go through my albums and hunt up all the pictures I have taken of her handiwork. Right now she's working on a beautiful butterfly quilt. I'm seriously asking her to make me one. I love having her handmade stuff.

I will close this with an introduction to a newbie blogger that I just found a few minutes ago. Nan is a grandmother who is raising her 4 year old grandson. She has just started her own space to relay her trials and tribulations of raising Ethan. Please take a moment and hop over to her space, Raising Our Daughter's Son, to welcome to Spaces.

Later

No comments: