Wednesday

It's Humpday

That day that sits right in the middle of the week letting most people know that it will soon be the end of their work week, but more than likely not me. Humpday usually means to me, "When are they going to post that stupid notice that we're working this weekend?!" Work is bothersome for me, but it's a paycheck. Here's the kicker though. Right now our team members who are representing us are in negotiations with our employers for our next 3-year union contract. Word that is grinding out of the rumor mill is that our employer wants to cut our shift premium and just give a flat .50 cent raise. In other words, everyone on 2nd shift would be taking a .50 cent paycut. I know that it doesn't sound like much, but when $50 per week is cut out of my hubby's paycheck for premium health insurance that requires an $800 yearly deductible before it will even pay 80 percent plus a $25 co-pay for each visit yeah to me it's quite alot. I don't have Saturdays off anymore, any time there is a holiday coming up I have to work till the wee hours (think anywhere from 4 to 6 AM) of the morning the night before (and then sleep most of the holiday away), rules and guidelines for our product gets changed on a whim and then our product goes on hold causing more overtime because we then have to rework it, no I don't really think that it is fair to take that shift premium away. Especially when I have been there 6 years and only get 2 paid weeks vacation and holidays while my hubby who has been there 10 years only gets 3 paid weeks vacation and holidays. In all honesty, I feel that my hubby deserves a little more with the years of service that he has put in. Our job is strenuous on our bodies. We stand on concrete 8+ hours and our work contains alot of repetitive movement causing joint and tendon wear and pain. That's why I complain about my hands hurting sometimes. There is no word yet on when we can vote on the proposal.

My lovely therapy session today consisted of me mostly informing my therapist that I have been sluggish for quite sometime now and am wondering if it could be my meds. Let's see, I'm sleeping for about 8-9 hours each night and when the alarm goes off I'm hitting the snooze button cause I just simply can't get awake enough and then on my way in to work I'm dozing off in the car. The thing is my hubby won't let me sleep. He says I'm sleeping too much as it is. Well that may be true and all but it doesn't change the fact that I'm sleepy and still need to doze off. About middle ways of my shift I get tired enough that somedays I would just love to lay down in the floor and take a nap, but can't. Yes, I am taking my meds during the day when the doctor said that I needed to be taking them before bed. The thing is that when I was doing that after awhile I started having weird dreams regularly that would jerk me awake and my legs would jump. That got to be really annoying and I wasn't getting any rest at night at all. Now I'm able to sleep at night much better it's just that I need alot of it. I mean here while back when I was on vacation I was sleeping about 12 hours each day. I would wake totally refreshed, but that is alot of hours just to sleep. So for the next couple of weeks it has been suggested that I drop back on my milligrams and see how well I fare on that. If I don't do so well, then the next option will probably be to change my medication. I'll know more in a couple of weeks.

I purchased CSI Miami: Season 4 for mom or I guess you could say that I bought it for me since I am closing this and heading off to my bedroom to watch it.

Later

No comments: