Saturday

It's been awhile...

hasn't it. My apologies. I would like to thank those that have asked about me and my cold. It actually went away for a few days but came back. I had a therapy session on Wednesday and decided to stop by Multicare to nip it in the bud so to speak. I had to wait for about an hour and a half. The waiting area was completely full. The doc said that there was a really bad upper respitory infection going around that leads into bronchitis if not taken care of quickly. She put me on some strong antibiotics and a really good decongestant. I'm starting to feel pretty good again.

Let's see. What all has been going on with me? Well, nothing much really. Surprisingly the wardens at work actually worked us only a half a shift, and now we are off till the 27th for the Christmas holidays. I am going to thoroughly enjoy myself. My sis is supposed to be coming down the 24th, and we will open presents then. I know my son will be thankful. He has been constantly asking me to open at least one and has his had in his stocking trying to feel what is in there.

Last weekend I actually got in the kitchen and made candy. It's actually pretty good if I do say so myself. I made peppermint bark and peppermint fudge. It is sooo good. I got the idea for the peppermint fudge from a lady at work. Her sister is selling fudge, cookies, and breads and this lady takes orders at work. I saw a listing for peppermint fudge and decided to try it. It was so good that I asked the lady if her sister would be willing to share the recipe. Do you know what her reply was? Her sister wouldn't give it out. That really irritated me. A few people that had tried had already said that it was similar to the Fantasy Fudge recipe that's on the back of Kraft marshmallow creme. I decided to experiment and try to make it myself. I succeeded. I will share the recipe with all of you tomorrow.

Wyrm has been spending the past few days playing Resident Evil 4, and I've been navigating for him. I read the game manual and tell him where to go and what to do next. As much as I love the Resident Evil series, I am disappointed in this installment of the series. The reason I love Resident Evil is the storyline and this game is lacking in that. Instead of the T virus this game deals with parasites and instead of zombies that are infected with the virus there are parasite infested characters. It looks to be a good game, but to me it just needed to be released with a different title other than the Resident Evil.

Speaking of games I do believe that is where I am heading right now. Hopefully I will do more posting this weekend since I have 4 days off.

Later

No comments: