Sunday

It's that time of the month...

where I have been awarded my W-2s from my employer after waiting patiently. Now it's time for Uncle Sam to hold out his hand and I being the good little US citizen dutifully hand over my time and a few brain cells and file those annoying tax returns. This year I'm doing something totally different. Wyrm and I usually just head over to our tax preparers and just let them handle the hassle while we shell out about $200 of those precious dollars of our refund. Not this time. I decided to follow a link I found on my local news website about free filing for federal returns and bravely go where I have not gone before. Doing my own taxes. My eyes sincerely hate me for doing this. They are dry and really irritated. My federal returns were no problem. Whiz bang! I was done and proud of myself. Now my Kentucky state returns were not so simple. No. My state had to be difficult and cause me to have a brain meltdown. It wouldn't have been so bad if the website's software would have just simply added our state tax withholding to our KREDA. I shockingly discovered that it didn't when I got to the end and in red letters it told me that we owed the state. "What! I don't freaking think so!". Especially after so many years we have received refunds albeit small ones, but it's still money back in our pockets. After experimentation of where to put the KREDA amount and talking to an online CSR on IM (and even they couldn't help me, it had to be referred to their administrator), I decided to go with my initial idea of putting the amount in a certain area and just be done with it. In the end it came out with us getting that refund and all of my information that I typed in for the W-2s is correct. Hopefully I won't get audited. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that one.

Later

No comments: