Wednesday

Will 2007...

be the year for changes for me? One thing is for certain. I am determined to change my mentality and negative way of thinking. So much so in fact that today at my therapy session was my first try with hypnosis. Yep. I'm trying hypnosis for gaining self confidence to help me with learning to drive and dealing with other people's opinions of me. That is my main holdback on alot of things that I would like to do. For some unknown reason, I am constantly being concerned about what other people think of me and the things I do. I know I shouldn't let what other people think bother me, but I do. I'm really working hard on trying to change this though.

A funny thing occurred during my session today. Here's how it went. Wyrm accompanies me during my sessions so we both entered the Dr.'s office and took seats. After the routine chit chat of how I'm doing, off go the lights and the hypnosis tryout begins. Here I am. Trying to relax and let my muscles relax, eyelids relax, and everything relax. Does it work? Not totally. I could only get so far until I became very aware of my irritating sore throat, the burning sensation in my nose (I still have this yucky crud thing going on), and every joint in my body starts aching including my problem ankle and foot. After a few minutes of trying to fight past this point in order to relax, I decided to just give up and go with it just concentrating on what the doctor was saying. So here I am trying to relax, joints aching, throat sore, burning sensation in my nose, just listening to the sound of his voice that is low and soothing and then what else do I hear? Zzzzz. Huh!? My darling husband is sitting in the chair next to me snoring. Of all things to reach my subconscious and get through that was the one and I got so tickled. Out I came of whatever state I was in (I don't think I was fully under) and started laughing. Even the doctor was laughing too. Poor hubby is sitting in the chair with his goofy grin saying, "What's going on?" I playfully slap him on his knee.

"You ding dong. You're over there snoring."

"I was snoring?" was Wyrm's astonished reply.

"Yes, you were snoring. He was supposed to be putting me under. Not you!" I answer amidst laughter.

And with that my psychologist excused us for the day making note of the awareness that I had of my joints for the next session to somehow incorporate it in. We made my appointment for the next visit and then it was off to home.

Later

No comments: