Monday

During Hurricane Season...

Elizabeth's Photos @ Flickrit never seems to fail that whenever one of those monstrous storms slams into the coastlines we end up getting some remnants of it, be it severe thunderstorms, tornadoes, or forceful winds. This time is no different. 70+ MPH winds is what Hurricane Ike has sent our way after hitting Texas. Mom woke Wyrm to tell him that a tree limb had fallen on the car, and that it would be

Elizabeth's Photos @ Flickra wise idea to move it. We both crawled out of bed. Wyrm went to move the car, and I went over to CR to see what he was doing with his game on the computer. Lights Out! The power went Elizabeth's Photos @ Flickroff around 10:30 AM and has proceeded to stay off this whole day. My last day of vacation before I have to return to work and the power goes out. At least it has made the day seem to drag by slowly. We've managed to keep ourselves entertained. I went traipsing around town photographing the damage the wind had done, only I can't upload my photos. We've played Skip-Bo, Yahtzee, and Clue. We all finally decided around 12:30 AM to just go on to bed. It is so hard to go to sleep with deafening silence when you're used to fans running. Hoping the power will be restored when I wake up.Elizabeth's Photos @ Flickr

No comments: