Tuesday

Tonight Was Interesting

It started out pretty well for it to be work. 1st shift didn't have to come in, so I got to walk into a somewhat empty building without any of the 1st shift depts. being in the way. I got to work in a clean area and on a clean line. It's not very often that something like this happens, but when it does, my anxiety level drops tremendously. So, you could say that I was actually having a pretty good day. It's nearing time for 2nd break, and we were doing rework. Everything was going according to normal until the supervisers told us to stop what we were doing and go on to break. Now normally this is irritating cause it was 15 minutes too early for us to be going to break, but crap happens, and I thought this was one of those moments. I was figuring a hydraulic leak due to everyone was having to leave the floor. It wasn't until I got near the double doors that the odor hit me. It wasn't a hydraulic leak. It was an ammonia leak. The smell took your breath away, but we were ushered to the break room where the air was much fresher. It is here that we were made to stay for about an hour and a half and not allowed to leave. At first, we thought that we would be able to go back to the floor and carry on with production, but as luck would have it, they told us that everyone (except those with a jack license) would be leaving the building. Alas, with me not having a driver's license, I had to stay and wait on my hubby who's jack driving skills was put to good use in helping to clear production floor. I didn't get to leave that place till about 1 am. Keep your fingers crossed that something like this doesn't happen again. Odds are that we may end up having to work this Saturday to make up for loss production time. You know, with as much as I complain about work, I have to say that the management did a very good job in getting us out of the ammonia smell to a safer area. This is the one time where you will hear me say, "Thanks, guys, for a job well done."

No comments: