Monday

I Feel Like a New Person

Well, work Saturday night started out okay, but ended not exactly how I wanted it to. With hubby and I making plans to attend church on Sun., I figured something would be pulled at the last moment, and we would have to work over. Sure enough we did. Hubby was waiting on me for a change when I got done. Instead of heading straight home, we went to Wal-Mart and picked up the weekly groceries. Shopping at around 1:00 am is so much easier than trying to go during the day with the crowds. At around 2:30 we were heading home and discussing how Sunday would go. He wanted to go to the morning service, and I didn't feel like I could get up in time. So I was wanting to go to the evening service. Luckily, I won out. I got up Sunday around noon to discover that my sis was coming down for a short visit. Her hubby was going to his dad's, and so she decided to come see us. I don't get to see her very often with both of us working odd hours and her living in another county. I was enjoying the day until I felt like I could hold my eyes open no longer. I only intended a short nap, but ended up sleeping for about 3 hours. I got up and got ready sort of in a rush, and then we headed on our way. When we arrived, people were greeting us at the door, and as we went in there was a table set up with items on it. A girl was "manning" the table and reached out to welcome me. To my surprise she recognized me right off the bat, but I was having a little trouble trying to figure out why I should know this girl. When she said her name, her face from when I remember her years ago popped into my mind. I was so surprised and happy to see her. It had been 20+ years since I last seen her in 8th grade and then had to move abruptly. After our little homecoming, hubby and I found our seats and listened to some great music. The singers were awesome and so was the band. This was kind of overwhelming to me, but hubby was used to it. The church we decided to go to was the one that he grew up in, so he was familiar with the preacher and pretty much everyone there. During the sermon, the preacher was saying some things that were so inspiring. It's almost like someone was trying to tell me something. I was so uplifted that tonight I went before the altar and finally accepted Christ into my heart and accepted the fact that I'm not a perfect person. It was moving. Now comes the hard part. It's 3:21 am here, and I need to get into bed so that I can get some sleep to handle work when I get up. Now, when things seem to be getting out of control for me there, I can talk to God and ask his help to get me through the day. Later

No comments: