Friday

I Am Determined

To not let the weather or work dampen my spirits and interfere with me enjoying the weekend. It’s been raining off and on today, but the battlefield wasn’t really that muddy when we headed out between showers. To our disappointment most of the sutler tents weren’t open. There were a couple that we went into and browsed. For souvenirs I purchased two wooden keepsake boxes with the American Flag on them for CR and for myself an old fashioned pen and ink set. Wasn’t much, but we were happy. We also tried out some kettle corn and refreshing lemonade shake-ups. Those taste sooo good. Hopefully I can get my tired but out of bed in the morning and capture a few shots of the parade. I got a few out on the battlefield but nothing was going on. CR and I took off up to the café for supper. He ordered chicken strips and tator tots while I got hamburger and onion rings. As I was paying for our meal, I picked up an application for employment and wouldn’t ya know that bad part of my brain is already working on me with, “you can’t do that, you’re too stupid for anything else, you’ll never make it, etc.” and I haven’t even put pen to the paper yet. This is what life has been like for me for so many years. I have dreams of being able to drive and go where I want, try new things, maybe even go back to school, but that negativity always jumps in and creates such an obstacle that appears to me that is impossible to overcome. I so wish that I could just shut it off. I did my daily blog reading of my neighbors. I always try to keep up with reading their entries and really want to respond and comment, but I usually don’t. My mind goes blank on what to say and sometimes I feel so corny writing the typical and lame, “ hi just thought I’d drop by”. If any of you stop by to read this, my apologies. Guess I need to close for now. I think I feel one of those moods coming on. Later

No comments: