Monday

This Weekend Is Done

Another weekend of the battle is gone and as much as I wanted to keep those leeches from interfering with my time I didn’t get out to the field like I wanted. Just that one day when the tents weren’t open was it, but you know what? I admit that I’m a little disappointed but not as much as I thought I would be. Why? I enjoyed Friday out with CR. This isn’t something that I get to do very often, but when I do I love every minute of it. And today I was awaken by the alarm with every intention of getting ready to head out but sleep won hands down and I rolled over and drifted back off. I decided that it wasn’t worth it to go out there alone and take a chance of stepping in a rut or on a rock and turning my already weak ankle. Instead I saved my foot for a nice outing with CR, his friend from school, and Took. We stopped at Tumbleweed for dinner and made absolute pigs of ourselves. The boys both had the “all you can eat steak” meal while Took had the Baja burrito, and I had the burrito dinner. CR managed to finish off 3 steaks and his friend finished off 2 steaks and cheesecake for dessert. While waiting for those two to finish, Took and I both had lava cake for dessert. Talk about feeling full. I could have very easily curled up in the booth we were at and took a nap. After we finally got done we headed over to Wal-Mart for the inevitable grocery getting. We were all so full that we were miserable, but I really enjoyed myself. I guess you could say that I didn’t let those leeches interfere with my weekend even though my plans changed somewhat. Later

No comments: