Saturday

The Case of the Missing Fonts

Okay, I have discovered where my missing fonts were. I didn't realize that only a certain amount of fonts are included on certain software programs. Confused? Well, this is how I figured it out. Some time ago I had purchased Microsoft Works v7.0 in order to get Microsoft Word. Sometime after that I was able to purchase Microsoft Office 2003 at a reasonable price so I couldn't just pass it up. I would be getting Microsoft Powerpoint so I would then be able to view my son's classroom projects that students had done with Powerpoint. What I didn't realize was that when I had installed Microsoft Works a certain number of fonts were with it and the same with Microsoft Office. Apparently when I reformatted the computer and only installed Microsoft Office, it didn't have Tempus Sans ITC and some others. The idea struck me that maybe they were on the Microsoft Works program. So I just installed it and voila! I have some of my fonts back. I don't know if you can see the different fonts that I use, but this one is more pleasing to me. Now for the other fonts that are still missing. I believe they may be on my American Greetings Create-A-Card program. I will do more experimenting when I get up this afternoon.

As for yesterday, we had our little yard sale once again but still had no luck. The only one that has managed to make any kind of profit is CR with his video games. I've only sold two items, and I don't believe mom has sold anything. For some reason we just never have good luck with yard sales

After spending all this time on the computer installing this and that and Windows updates, I do believe my eyes are tired. I woke yesterday with my eyes dry and irritated, and for the life of me, I can't remember where I put the eyedrops the last time I used them. Oh well.

Later

No comments: