Wednesday

Monday and Tuesday

Monday began for me with my friend, T, calling me while I was getting ready for work. She advised me to sit down and not be alarmed, but wanted me to know that she had heard that either the high school (where my son goes) or the middle school was on lockdown due to the threat of a gun in some student's locker. Okay, how am I not supposed to be alarmed?! I did go on into work and had my stomach in a turmoil until about 4:30 PM when I went on break. I called home and relievingly heard my son's voice tell me that it wasn't the high school that had the threat. It was the middle school. I could relax then. Work went by much better after hearing his voice. I had already heard bits and pieces of a school shooting in Pennsylvania, but didn't know all the details. Every day due to this world of evil people I send my son to school with the horrible thought in the back of my mind, "Is this the last time I will see him?". It sickens me that people have become so evil that they can just take the lives of innocent children (or anyone for that matter) without a care or thought. Lives shattered because someone was insane. Horrible.

Tuesday began with me rising at 11:30 AM and getting ready. Wyrm and I didn't go in today due to dr. appointments (therapist and podiatrist). As I was waiting on the hubby I found out from Mom more details of the incident at the middle school. Apparently a note laying on the floor was discovered by someone. The note stated that there was a gun in a locker. Naturally they had to take it seriously and take the necessary precautions. No gun was found. Mom also told me more details about the Amish school shooting and that more of the children had died. My heart goes out to the parents.

Wyrm and I left for my therapist appointment which was at 1:00 PM. I'm really getting tired of therapy and everything really. I honestly feel that there is no hope for me. Those moods have been coming on for some time now and usually there is no stopping them. I'm in debt up to my neck. Yes, it's totally my fault and I suppose I have a shopping addiction problem. No worries though (insert sarcasm here). With creditors calling constantly and the cards maxed and accounts closed, I can't spend anymore, and I'm already spazzing from withdrawals. I'm in desperate need of some kind of help, and yes, I am getting it. I need a good swift kick in my butt. Anyone want to stand in line?

After therapy was my podiatrist visit. I received good news with him. He is releasing me. My heel pain is totally gone, but I still have some tenderness in my ankle and Achilles tendon. With just that he said there was no reason for me to see him anymore. With the inserts and wrapping my ankle, I would slowly heal and I didn't need to come back unless the pain became worse. Yay! I'm done with this dr.

I have other things going on in my life right now, but won't go into details. I'm having one of those times in your life when you get up you just have to ask, "What else could possibly happen now". It's a rut, mind you a deep one, but a rut that I will pull myself out of. In the meantime, I plan to enjoy the rest of the week using up what's left of my vacation time. I may do a little revamping around here, who knows.

Later

No comments: