Monday

Well, this weekend...

was the most relaxing that I've had in a long time. The wardens at work were "gracious" enough to free us for the whole weekend (Saturday included) which was a total shock. As of leaving work on the last night, our union contract was voted in favor for and has already went into effect. We get a .20 cent increase this month and then .25 cent increase in November of 2007 and then another .25 cent increase in 2008. That's pretty much it except for a one year freeze on insurance premiums, but whose to say that they won't double the increase the following year.

It was a cold, cold rain on the way home that night. At times it was raining so hard that Wyrm couldn't hardly see the road. We finally drove out of it when we got close to home. There was enough of a bite in the air to chill me all the way through just from getting out of the car and hurrying to the front door. It was soon remedied by getting under the covers. I went to sleep somewhere around 3:00 AM and did not get up till around 2:30 PM. I was in much need of sleep. I felt very rested when I woke. Saturday was pretty much spent at home just loafing and relishing in the fact that we were off from work on a Saturday. That night however Wyrm was really annoying. He decided at the last that he wanted to watch movies. That's fine and dandy except for my son and I were already using the DVD machine watching our own movie. We got booted out so we headed off into another room to watch tv. Wyrm stayed up till after 6:00 AM this morning and oh was it ever annoying. I just couldn't get to sleep.

Sunday was spent doing the weekly grocery shopping and nothing much else. All in all, it was a great weekend.

Later

No comments: