Saturday

This week has been...

kind of hectic for us. Tuesday mom woke me early to let me know that CR was having ear pain. He had been dealing with a sore throat over the weekend. I woke Wyrm so he could get dressed, and we headed out to Multicare. This was at 7:30 AM. Luckily at that hour the waiting area was kind of empty so we were seen to rather quickly. The doctor said that his ears weren't red, but they did have fluid in behind them. His sore throat was red but didn't look infected. All she gave us was some samples of an antihistamine to dry up his sinuses. After getting home his other ear started hurting. Both ears are fine now, but his sinuses are still stopped up and he can hardly hear. He just went back to school yesterday. With President's Day on Monday, he has a 3-day weekend to rest up.

On Monday I had called my lawyer to let him know that my employer has cut back on our hours so I'm not bringing home a 40 hour paycheck. My lawyer had told me before that if there were any changes in my finances or if I am behind on bills to let him know. Well that's what I did, and the receptionist clearly said that she would leave him a note. I received a call later that afternoon informing me to stop by and pick up some papers. I thought that it was some type of paperwork to fill out to reassess my financial situation. Wednesday was when I was able to stop by his office. The papers that I was supposed to pick up wasn't what I thought they were. Instead I was picking up my checkstubs, bills, and tax returns that my lawyer needed. When I asked about my phone call that I had made and explained my situation, at first I was told there was nothing that could be done, but when I said I was doing exactly what my lawyer told me to do, this lady changed her tune and proceeded to tell me a bunch of crap. To make this long story short, I explicitly gave my opinion and walked out. Man was I mad! Since I am off, yet again, on Monday, I am planning on calling my lawyer again only this time I'm going to insist on talking to him directly.

For Wednesday, Wyrm and I had both signed up to take the TABE test. The downside to this was we had to be there at 8:30 AM. Of all nights to toss and turn, I went in to take the test on only 4 hours of sleep. Ugh. I left feeling confident over the reading, mathematics, and language sections. The applied mathematics section was a different story. I was sure that I had done terrible. At one point I threw down my pencil and was just going to give up, but Wyrm encouraged me to finish. We left from there and went on into work. Oh, did I say that I had only 4 hours of sleep the night before? I was really tired by the time Wyrm and I got home. I had no trouble falling asleep that night.

For Thursday, I had an appointment to get my prescription for my Zoloft. The doctor that I was seeing previously went to another area. After using up the refills I had left on her slip, I then had to get busy and find someone else that would fill my prescription. After that visit, Wyrm and I left to pick up our test scores. I was thrilled to see that I had done very well. I even did okay with the section that I thought I did terrible on. Even Wyrm did well on his test.

There were no appointments scheduled for Friday so I got to sleep a little longer, and I plan on catching up on sleep this weekend.

That's my week in a nutshell

Later

No comments: